Educating in the New Age
Prime Functions of the Educator in the New Age
According to D. Rozman, "Meditating with Children, page 10, originally
taken from "Education in the New Age" by Lucis Trust, the prime
functions of the educator in the new age are as follows:
- To train children's brains to respond intelligently to sensory
To train the mind:
- to deal intelligently with information relayed by the brain
- to develop creative and imaginative thinking in response ot
physical impulses, emotional reactions, and the mental world of the
- to hear promptings of the heart and unfold the spiritual self so
it may emerge through meditation and contemplation of life and
- The educator must be able to get inside the world of the child and
help the child get inside the inner world of others. We must do this
with awareness of the heart.
Celestine Prophecy Wisdom on Assisting Children to Become Whole
Based on the 8th Insight: Interpersonal Ethic
We must uplift
every person that comes into our lives to the best of our
ability. "With children it is extremely important to their early
security and growth." p. xvii (see reference bottom of page).
Information from Redfield, J. & Adrienne, C. (1995). "The Celestine
Prophecy: An Experiential Guide", NY: Warner Books, pp. 227-230.
- Be there for them.
- Treat these little people as spiritual beings with their own
destinies to fulfill.
- Give them respect.
- Acknowledge that children have rights: to know the truth, to be
cared for, to be taught how to be an adult
- Insist on certain behavior that is for their best interst, health,
- Set clear boundaries while they are under your supervision.
- Be clear where you stand on issues.
- Be open to their individual needs.
- Share your own spiritual process as much as is appropriate to
their age level (parenting only).
- Give explanations of choices you are currently making, as
appropriate to their maturity level.
- Be willing to learn from them.
- Discuss family issues or problems. Keeping troubles to yourself
denies your child the truth of what's going on and any wisdom you have
on the subject (parents only).
- Give children meaningful roles and chores in running the household
(and/or classroom. Ie- picking up the floor, watering plants).
- Don't be too quick to rescue. Children are more capable than given
credit for. Let them learn from their mistakes. Don't be critical. Ask
what happened, what they felt about it or learned, and what they would
do differently next time.
- Remember that people move ahead to new levels only in a supportive
- Be open to a child's point-of-view.
- Be a good listener.
- Encourage a sense of humor in children that is not based on
ridicule of others.
- Give specific praise and encouragement often.
- Don't forget children may be mirroring your issues. Be willing to
notice how their behavior may be telling you something about
- The most important thing you can do to support children are to
listen to them, take them seriously, and acknowledge their personal
If you want more info on the Celestine Prophecy, please see this
outstanding summary of the 9
Insights on an external site.
At the class on Spiritual Giftedness, presented by Michael Piechowski,
he was asked, "What do you recommend for teachers for identifying
students with this potential for sipiritual giftedness or dealing with
students who are spiritually gifted?"
He answered that we should offer acceptance and respect and definitely
not make fun of it. That seems so obvious..
Please see the section on Teaching Indigos. Indigos are the new energy
children and it is said that 90% or more of all school age children
today are Indigos.
© 1998-2018 Wendy Chapman