What is intuition?
Here are some definitions:
- "The body/spirit's natural ability to guide and protect itself." -
- "..'vibes' ...a subtle, vibrating energy that centered in the heart
and moved outward to the stomach, the gut, the chest, the throat. Like waves
of direction getting our attention." - p. 6, Choquette in The Wise
- "Intuition is often called your sixth sense. Sometimes is is
called instinct or common sense. Intuition is how your brain uses
your other five senses ... to help you know or figure out things."
(p. 4) "intution - Knowing or figuring out something by relying on a
strong feeling or sense." (p. 23 - Glossary) - Hurwitz, The Library
of the Five Senses & the Sixth Sense
"Intuition is inner knowledge subtlely brought conscious. It is 'gut
feelings' which include warnings or guidance from another
dimension. This may come from our higher selves or other spirit
guidance." - Wendy Chapman
The Three Stages of Nurturing Intuition
- ) Awakening your personal intuitive awareness. Sharpen and expand
your own awareness.
- ) Embrace intuition when it shows up in our lives. Trust the guidance
of your inner teacher. Accept its counsel as a deeply felt and welcome
influence in your life and home.
- ) Ask the Universe for intuitive support. Integrate intuition as an
important and desirable influence in making decisions.
This information is from The Wise Child: A Spiritual Guide to
Nurturing Your Child's Intuition by Sonia Choquette, 1999, NY,
Three Rivers Press, a division of Random House.
© 1998-2017 Wendy Chapman